Vault Hunters, mount up! The Sheriff of Vestige on the frontier planet of Gehenna has issued a bounty on the Devil Riders gang, and it’s time to collect. The violent, beast-riding mercenaries have been harassing the townsfolk, and their unwanted attention is taking such a toll that the locals have started turning to outsiders for help. These folks are tough as hell—they wouldn’t have survived this long on a brutal, unforgiving planet that was previously a weapons testing ground otherwise—and they’ll do what they can to help. But it falls on you to take the fight to the Devil Riders and put them in the ground so the town can be rebuilt and folks can get back on their feet.
Bounty of Blood is the third of four campaign add-ons that are included with the Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition and Season Pass. It’s also available to purchase separately, though you’ll need to own a copy of Borderlands 3 to play it.
- Traverse the open plains of Gehenna atop the new heavily-armed Jetbeast vehicle
- Enjoy the company of an unseen narrator as you tackle new story and side missions
- Encounter an all-new cast of tough-as-hell characters
- Leverage local flora to gain an edge in combat and explore otherwise inaccessible areas
- Help rebuild the town of Vestige, where your successes have a lasting impact on the locals’ livelihoods and town landmarks
- Take on a host of additional Crew Challenges, like tracking down treasure or claiming bounties on beasts and bandits alike
- Collect new Legendary loot and cosmetics pried from the cold, dead hands of rowdy gang members and feral critters
Regardless of whether you own Bounty of Blood, today’s free level cap increase means that your Vault Hunter can unlock three additional skill points on their way to the new maximum level of 60. If you’d like to explore interactive versions of the Vault Hunters’ skill trees and figure out what three more skill points can do for your favorite build, head on over to the pages dedicated to Amara the Siren, FL4K the Beastmaster, Moze the Gunner, and Zane the Operative.
In order to reach Gehenna with an existing Vault Hunter, you’ll need access to Sanctuary III, the starship you get by completing Episode 5 of Borderlands 3’s main story missions. When you’re ready to travel to Gehenna, look for the wanted poster—highlighted with a yellow exclamation mark—on the table in front of the Quick Change station on Sanctuary III.
Alternatively, if you don’t have access to Sanctuary III yet or are looking for an excuse to start playing as a new character, you have the option to create a new Vault Hunter and have them bypass the opening acts of the Borderlands 3 story so you can head to Gehenna right away. Once the campaign add-on is installed, select Play on the main menu, followed by New Game; you’ll then get to choose which storyline you want to jump into.
The decent folks who call Vestige home are counting on you, Vault Hunter. You’d best go help them as soon as you’re able.